What is “personal information” and “non-personal information”?
The term “personal information” refers to information that personally identifies you, such as your name, mailing address, age, date of birth, gender, financial information and credit records, as well as your opinions, preferences, and purchase patterns.
The term “non-personal information” refers to information that does not identify you individually and does not permit a direct association with an individual (even if it is about you). Non-personal information includes information about your Internet connection, equipment used to access the Site, and usage information. Non-personal information may be derived from personal information by depersonalizing it to remove unique identifiers and/or combine it with information about other users to form aggregated data.
2. Purpose for collection of personal information
We collect, use, and disclose your personal information in order to:
- process your purchase order for a product;
- administer the delivery of products to you;
- verify your identity and protect against error and fraud;
- assess and update your credit-worthiness on an ongoing basis;
- process, service, analyze and audit your relationship with us, including collecting any money you owe us;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- send you electronic and other marketing communications;
- administer your participation in contests or other promotions;
- solicit input and feedback about our products and services; and
- achieve other purposes as may, from time to time, be permitted by law.
When you provide us with personal information to complete a Transaction, verify your credit card, place an order, arrange for a delivery, or return a purchase, we imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only. If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing or another commercial purpose, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
Subject to legal and contractual restrictions, you may withdraw your consent to our collection, use or disclosure of your personal information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailing us at: Finnex Reflectors 5180 Still Creek Drive, Burnaby, BC, V5C 4E4, Canada. If you refuse or withdraw your consent for any purpose required to provide our product or service to you, we will not be able to provide, or continue to provide you with the product or service.
4. Online collection or receipt of personal information when you use our Site
- Information You Provide. In the course of visiting and using the Site, you may provide information to us. For example, you may make a purchase. In the course of doing so, you may be asked for information about yourself, or may choose to provide such information. If you voluntarily provide your personal information to us, we collect it. When you: (i) submit a request or inquiry; or (ii) purchase a product or service from us online (each of the foregoing a “Transaction”), you may disclose personal information that we collect. We may also retain records about your Transactions, your correspondence with us, or your searches on the Site. You choose whether to disclose personal information, but sometimes we may not be able to process your Transaction without it. For example, we cannot sell a product to you without your name, payment card information, product information, and street address for delivery. You also may provide information to be posted or displayed on public areas of the Site, or transmitted to other users of the Site or third parties. If you include personal information in those transmissions, it will be available publicly and not protected.
- Automatically Gathered. We collect some information automatically as you navigate the Site. For example, we collect usage details, such as traffic data (such as information about how much time visitors spend on the Site or each page, dates and times of visits, etc.), location data, “clickstream data” (such as pages visited, clicks made, and similar information) and collect information about your computer or other device used to access our Site, browsing patterns, and Internet connection (such as IP address, operating system, and browser type) for all visitors. This sort of information is generally not considered to be personal information (unless it is combined with and therefore treated as personal information). We may combine information about your use with information about others’ use to generate aggregated non-personal information about visitors as a group. We may use tracking technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We may collect information through “Cookies” or other similar tracking technologies (see Section 5 [Cookies]).
“Cookies” are files with small amount of data, which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a web site and stored on your computer’s hard drive.
- to help authenticate you when you use our Site; and
- to remember your preferences and registration information.
6. Use, disclosure and retention of personal information
We do not sell, rent, loan, trade, or lease personal information to anyone. With the exception of WooCommerce and Moneris, we will only share your personal information with third parties with your consent or where it is required or authorized by law. Any such disclosure of your personal information by us to a third party will be made on a confidential basis conditioned upon the information being used solely for the purpose for which it has been disclosed.
If you provide personal information to us in connection with a Transaction, we will use your information to process the Transaction and communicate with you about it. Processing the Transaction may require communication of your personal information with third parties, such as WooCommerce (to sell products) and Moneris Solutions (to process payments and credit card transactions). Personal information is stored on servers in Finland and Canada. All personal information handled by WooCommerce is encrypted and all transaction data (e.g., credit card numbers) and personal information are encrypted by Moneris.
We do not place any restrictions on the use or disclosure of non-personal information (including aggregated information) – we may share it with anyone for any purpose.
7. Accuracy of personal information
We want to keep your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use. We rely on you to let us know if any of your relevant personal information has changed.If you have an account with us, you may update your personal information yourself by logging into your account. If you do not have an account, please email us at email@example.com or call us at 604-299-9702 or 1-800-561-1176 to update your personal information.
8. Protection of personal information
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.If you provide us with your credit card information, the information is encrypted. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we implement accepted industry standards to protect your personal information.All personal information handled by WooCommerce is encrypted and all transaction data (e.g., credit card numbers) and personal information are encrypted by Moneris. All data is encrypted behind an HTTPS connection.
You have the right to request access to your personal information on file with us in order to ensure its accuracy. In the event of any discrepancy, your personal information may be updated. To access your personal information, you must submit a written request to us at the Contact Details provided below. We will respond to your request for access in a reasonable time and will provide you with access to your personal information except in circumstances where the law requires or permits us to deny such access.
We are open about our policies and procedures with respect to the collection, use, disclosure, retention, and overall management of your personal information and are committed to making this information available to you in a form that is generally understandable.
If our store is acquired or merged with another company, your information may be transferred to the new owners so that we may continue to sell products to you.
12. Contact details
If you would like to access, correct, amend, or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at Finnex Reflectors.
We make every attempt to provide up-to-date, accurate information on this Site. However, we are not responsible for any errors, omissions, completeness, or quality of the information published on this Site.
A division of Finnex Agencies Ltd.
Last updated: July 2017